Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from bakingbites.com, an incredible baking site. Everyone who likes to bake--or even likes to looked at pictures of baked food--needs to be there. In the original recipe, it calls for half-and-half or evaporated milk. I have put in nonfat evaporated milk so that I can get a calorie count per cupcake. I will probably increase the spice next time. The sweetness is perfect, not cloying like too many recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry things.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet things. Add in dry ingredients and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and batter is smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup with approximately 1/3 cup of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan. They will sink as they cool.
- Chill cupcakes before serving. Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream. If desired, sprinkle a little spice over the white cream for a pretty contrast.
i loved these! They are like miniature pumpkin pies w/o the crust. They are super moist. They do look a little scary after they're cooked; but, once they're topped w/ whip cream, they look impressive. Thanks for a quick, simple alternative to making a pie. I used Pumpkin Pie Spice for the pumpkin pie spice.
Love this recipe - easy and quick. To cover the not so pretty top (I did not want to use whipped cream because I was giving these away and wanted them to look finished), I added a sour cream topping baked on after the cupcakes cooled (like a sour cream topping baked on that you see on some cheesecakes). They were baked in foil baking cups to simulate 'pie tins.' So attractive. So tasty. See posted picture. Next time I plan to fill the baking cups higher with pumpkin mix (I used 1/3 of a cup of mix in these baking cups.)
I made these to serve to the kids at Thanksgiving dinner. The adults ate all of them and loved them. They are easy to make and taste wonderful. I agree they do look strange after they cook but the whip cream makes them look great.