Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was allowed to help Nanny make any pudding I wanted one day when I was little. What 8 year old could resist such a title? In the cooking, it all settles out into a pastry type crust, an egg custard type middle and a coconut topping. *!*!*!*!*!*NOTE - 1 PINT = 20 FLUID OUNCES*!*!*!*!*!*
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces margarine or 2 ounces butter
- 8 ounces sugar
- 2 1⁄2 ounces plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 ounces coconut
- Put all of the ingredients in a mixer or blender& mix until fully mixed.
- Grease a deep dish (to hold 30 fl oz= 1 1/2 UK pints~ 1 US quart)& put the mixture in the dish.
- Bake in a moderate (gas mark 4, 160degC, 350degF) oven for 1 hour.
I made this and poured it over stewed fruit, popped it in the oven and made a great dessert. Made with skim milk too !