Recipe by KGCOOK
Again from the book of Crockery Cookery. I have never tried this but it sure does sound good. Yum..
- 5 lbs ducklings, ready-to-cook
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 orange, peel and section
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- With a fork, prick the skinof the duckling all over at two inch intervals.
- Place duckling, breast side up, on a trivet in a slow cooking pot.
- In saucepan, saute onion and tarragon leaves in butter.
- Add orange juice, salt, mustard, jelly, and orange peel.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until jelly has melted.
- Reduce heat; stir in wine and orange sections.
- Brush 1/3 of the sauce over duckling.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 9 hours.
- During cooking drain fat from duckling and turn once, if possible.
- Stir remaining sauce into cornstarch and cook ocer medium heat until sauce thickenes.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over duckling just before serving.