91 hrs 30 mins
Again from the book of Crockery Cookery. I have never tried this but it sure does sound good. Yum..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs ducklings, ready-to-cook
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 orange, peel and section
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1With a fork, prick the skinof the duckling all over at two inch intervals.
- 2Place duckling, breast side up, on a trivet in a slow cooking pot.
- 3In saucepan, saute onion and tarragon leaves in butter.
- 4Add orange juice, salt, mustard, jelly, and orange peel.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until jelly has melted.
- 6Reduce heat; stir in wine and orange sections.
- 7Brush 1/3 of the sauce over duckling.
- 8Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 9 hours.
- 9During cooking drain fat from duckling and turn once, if possible.
- 10Stir remaining sauce into cornstarch and cook ocer medium heat until sauce thickenes.
- 11Simmer 1 minute.
- 12Pour sauce over duckling just before serving.
Nutritional Facts for Imperial Duckling
Serving Size: 1 (676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1303.6
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 787.0 mg
- Sodium 597.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 139.8 g