Recipe by newspapergal
This is just a good, simple, fresh sauce to serve over pasta (we like whole-wheat angel hair). I think I got this from Eating Well, but I'm not sure. **Note: The original recipe did not call for the tomato sauce, but after making it, DH and I both felt it needed the sauce to coat the pasta, as the veggies alone were just chunky with no sauciness. The veggies give it a great flavor.
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic in oil over medium-high heat until tender.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and olives.
- Cook just until thoroughly heated. Serve over spaghetti noodles or angel hair.