Recipe by susie cooks
Delicious!!! From Cuisine at Home
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Oh man, does this stuff pack a punch! I had made up the coffee earlier today - very, very strong as I know it gets diluted with the ice, and I just made up a 1 cup serving. It is delicious. I used Tullamore Dew whiskey that I brought back from Ireland a couple of weeks ago and it really was put to good use. I found the chocolate syrup made it plenty sweet for my liking and did not add any extra sugar. Definitely a 'special' Irish coffee with the addition of the chocolate syrup. Am loving every sip.
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush ice in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag using a meat mallet.
- Combine sugar and hot water in a pitcher; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add coffee, whiskey, and chocolate syrup, stirring to blend.
- Fill serving glasses with crushed ice, then pour coffee mixture over the ice.
- Whip cream and sugar to soft peaks.
- Top each drink with a spoonful of cream and serve.