Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very simple, very fresh salad with homemade dressing. Yum. A nice addition to a more complicated meal.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, cut in 2 wedges
- Mix mustard, vinegar, and half of the blue cheese; gradually add the olive oil while whisking and whisk until emulsified; season with salt and pepper.
- Plate each iceberg head; drizzle with dressing and garnish with the remaining cheese.
Made this last night exactly as written but added about 1/2-1 teaspoon of sugar to cut some of the tartness (we like ours a little sweeter). It was a _wonderful_ Vinaigrette! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe.
Haven't run across your recipes for awhile and am sure glad I did. I was playing a tag game for recipes that hadn't been reviewed and were more then 3 years old, and for the life of me, I cannot understand why this hadn't been reviewed before! A complex taste of blue cheese and the nice bite of vinegar with iceberg hearts and total package here. I followed this exactly, and didn't change anything. I just enjoyed it under the shade of the big maple tree and let the breeze come up from the valley below. Thanks for sharing! Made for *Bargain Basement* tag game August 2009