Recipe by sugarpea
Very simple, very fresh salad with homemade dressing. Yum. A nice addition to a more complicated meal.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this last night exactly as written but added about 1/2-1 teaspoon of sugar to cut some of the tartness (we like ours a little sweeter). It was a _wonderful_ Vinaigrette! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, cut in 2 wedges
- Mix mustard, vinegar, and half of the blue cheese; gradually add the olive oil while whisking and whisk until emulsified; season with salt and pepper.
- Plate each iceberg head; drizzle with dressing and garnish with the remaining cheese.