Recipe by jswinks
With peanut butter crust! This is a family favorite - served by request instead of birthday cake. Sometimes we make 1/2 one flavor and 1/2 another to make everyone happy. If you were energetic you could also do individual cupcake size. You could 1/2 this recipe for a pie plate size. Make as thick/thin as desired.
Top Review by HokiesMom
This was a nice treat for my family. The rice krispie crust comes together very quickly and has a nice flavor. I especially liked this with chocolate ice cream - peanut butter and chocolate - oh so delicious. I halved the recipe and used an 9x9 pan and still had some crust leftover. I just made a basic rice krispie bar out of the remainder. Made for the Photo Tag game.
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream (slightly softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together syrup and peanut butter.
- Add cereal.
- Press firmly into greased 9x13 pan and chill.
- Fill with as much ice cream as desired and spread evenly across crust. Cover with foil and freeze 1 hour or more (up to a month).
- Cut into squares to serve. Add toppings if desired.