1/2 Photos of Ice Cream Cone Cakes
From Ricardo magazine. Perfect for a children party! Made them at home and brought them to my niece and nephew so they could decorate them - fun! fun! fun!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 9 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- 2With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and half the sugar.
- 4In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 5Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the egg yolks, oil, vanilla and milk. Mix well with an electric mixer. Using a spatula, fold in the beaten egg whites.
- 6Pour the batter into the cones, filling to the rim. Arrange the cones on a baking sheet. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- 7Let cool before icing.
- 9In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, icing sugar, milk and vanilla until creamy. Mix 1/3 of the icing with cocoa powder until chocolate-coloured, 1/3 with red food colouring until strawberry-coloured and leave 1/3 white (vanilla coloured). Ice the cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Cone Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 49.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g