Recipe by SusieQusie
This is just a basic recipe. Fruits and flavors of yogurt will vary according to my whim or what I have on hand.
Top Review by screwdriverlady
My Mom is diabetic and has always had a sweet tooth. I made this for her around the holidays to see what she thought. It was a great hit!! I have made it with almost every kind of yogurt and fruit I can find and they all have been good, but the berry flavors seem to really pop.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt (artificially sweetened)
- 2 (1 g) packets artificial sweetener (or 2 tablespoons sugar or Splenda Granular, to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mango
- 1⁄2 cup sliced banana
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand for 1 minute to soften. Then heat in microwave for high for 30 seconds. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool completely.
- Place cottage cheese and yogurt in blender; process until smooth. Add Splenda and coconut flavoring.
- With blender on low, gradually add cooled gelatin, blending well.
- Place fruit in 4 small serving dishes or containers; pour gelatin mixture over the fruit. Sprinkle with allspice.
- Cover and chill until set.