Serve with salsa or tartar sauce and a pile of coleslaw.
Make and share this Hush Puppy Fried Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Peel and devein shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a Dutch oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine baking mix, cornmeal, onions, parsley, baking powder, garlic salt, cayenne, cumin, and chili powder. Add beer and egg, stirring until smooth.
- Coat shrimp in batter and cook in hot oil 2 minutes or until brown (cook in batches if necessary - do not overcrowd). Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.