Recipe by loof
Serve with salsa or tartar sauce and a pile of coleslaw.
Top Review by rpgaymer
These shrimp are AMAZING... super-flavorful, pretty to look at, and juicy in the center. I too added Adobo seasoning, and added a bit more beer for a less thick batter. I had some leftover batter, so I ended up making hush puppies that were almost has good as the shrimp themselves. I will be making this recipe often, I think.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a Dutch oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine baking mix, cornmeal, onions, parsley, baking powder, garlic salt, cayenne, cumin, and chili powder. Add beer and egg, stirring until smooth.
- Coat shrimp in batter and cook in hot oil 2 minutes or until brown (cook in batches if necessary - do not overcrowd). Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.