Recipe by mersaydees
Inspired by the song, "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" (sung by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet), I found this recipe in Stuart Walton's book, The Ultimate Book of Cocktails. I make mine in a tall crystal martini shaker filled with crushed ice and simply remove the shaker top to serve. One per customer, please!
Top Review by Jostlori
Here in Costa Rica, it doesn't have to be 5 o'clock! Elevenses are fine, too! This was a mighty tasty drink, and I'm having to backspace to correct my typos. Whew, lotsa rum!!! Ever since my first visit to Pat O'Briens, all my adult life I've used Pat O'Brien's hurricane mix (full of I-don't-want-to-know" chemical ingredients) to make this wonderful drink. Wish I had known how easy it is to make this from on-hand ingredients! Thanks for posting, teammate!!!
- 6 teaspoons dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white rum
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons passion fruit juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons black currant syrup (from a can of fruit)