Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My aunt's recipe. My whole family LOVES this stuff. It is also great to take to parties in a slow cooker. Trust me, its a crowd-pleaser!! My cousin eats the leftovers for breakfast!!lol
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Fry bacon in skillet and drain.
- Brown ground beef in skillet, season with salt and pepper and drain.
- Combine bacon and hamburger with remaining ingredients in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Love this stuff. I hd this at a BBQ yesterday and it was a bit hit. Great side dish, and it does serve a large crowd