Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
just want to save here for safe keeping
- one 18 . 25-oz . box moist-style devil's food cake mix
- one 15-oz . can pumpkin puree (Libby's is best!)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light soymilk (plain or vanilla) or 1 tablespoon nonfat milk (whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking pan (about 9" X 13") with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with pumpkin. Stir until completely blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spread batter into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with milk. Using a butter knife or a narrow spoon handle, stir until thoroughly mixed. Swirl the peanut butter mixture over the top of the batter with the knife or spoon handle.
- Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and then cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!
- MAKES 16 SERVINGS.
These are barely edible. I used Trader Joe's cake mix; added an egg and a couple TBS more milk that in recipe; used peanut butter chips instead of peanut butter. I like the cake-like consistency but the flavor is really poor. I've never used TJ's cake mix before, but I can't think that it would be so bad as to not make this recipe work. I was glad to give it a try, though. Thanks,