Peanut Butter Brownies
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box brownie mix
peanut butter filling
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven 350.
- combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs in large bowl; stir 50 strokes with spoon. set aside.
- in small bowl, combine peanut butter and margarine; beat until smooth. add sugar and flour;mix well. add 2 eggs, blend well.
- spread 1/2 of brownie mix into greased 9x13 pan. carefully spread peanut butter mixture evenly over chocolate mixture. spread remaining chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture.
- bake for 30-33 minutes. cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. store loosely covered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hubby and I decided to have a treat last night while watching movies. He is a Reese's fan, and you would think that he would have had his fill with all of the peanut butter eggs he recently ate for Easter. Nope; LOL. I am not an experienced baker and had trouble getting the layers to spread evenly. In fact, at one point, Hubby found me swearing at the pan. He thinks that my frustrations were worth it, though. The peanut butter layer makes the brownies lighter, and more cake-like. While I like a dense, chewy, and chocolatey brownie, he was very happy with the results. I did use my mixer to blend the peanut butter layer, as I had trouble getting the butter to incorporate by hand. My tip for spreading the batter layers is to drop it by spoonfuls across the top and then blur together. Big blobs just make it difficult to spread wet ingredients on top of wet ingredients.
Woohoo! I was looking for a peanut butter brownie recipe that used a brownie mix and this one was perfect! I wanted something quick and this was. I dropped the peanut butter in globs and spread as another chef suggested and didn't have any problems spreading it. The end results were a delicious brownie that was chewy and cake like from the peanut butter and together made an excellent taste. My boys simply inhaled these, and have requested them again. Thanks for posting, this was great!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
work full time and a mother of 4