- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts (can substitute frozen, cooked according to package directions)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- sprinkling paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling; add Brussels sprouts.
- Heat to boiling; cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 8-10 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Fry bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon; reserve drippings.
- Cook and stir onions in hot bacon drippings until tender.
- Stir in Brussels sprouts, sour cream and pepper; salt to taste.
- Heat until hot; sprinkle with bacon and paprika (if desired).