Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Mom is Hungarian and my family was lucky enough that she was such a wonderful cook and made so many Hungarian dishes for us to enjoy over the years.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces melted butter or 4 ounces margarine
- Blend the eggs, milk and salt.
- Add the flour, baking powder and beat thoroughly.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil with 2 tablespoons salt.
- With a teaspoon drop small portions of batter into boiling water, dipping spoon into water frequently to prevent sticking.
- Cook just till tender, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into collander and rinse lightly with cool water.
- Drizzle with melted butter, toss lightly and serve hot.