Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is based on a recipe from Jill Norman's book, The Complete Book of Spices. The recipe intro says, "These potatoes are good with chops and sausages."
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a Dutch oven, and saute the shallots until soft. Stir in the paprika and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt to taste, and potatoes. Add the stock and sour cream.
- Cover and cook in preheated 400 degree F oven for about 1 hour, until the liquid is nearly absorbed.
ZWT4: Delicious!! We ate this with Recipe#275302 and they were perfect together!
too much liquid for the potatoes, they were swimming in the juice and it took away the flavor of the potatoes, I think I would omit the sour cream and reduce the broth if I should make it again, thanks for sharing!
Nice side dish! My husband didn't even realize there were tomatoes in it. I would add in some more seasoning next time for us. Thanks, mersaydees!