- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a Dutch oven, and saute the shallots until soft. Stir in the paprika and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt to taste, and potatoes. Add the stock and sour cream.
- Cover and cook in preheated 400 degree F oven for about 1 hour, until the liquid is nearly absorbed.