Recipe by Dienia B.
Secrets of Hungarian Cooking. A really flavorful soup with dumplings. A full meal without meat. I added boullion to mine. the dumplings are like egg noodles can add cheese or ground caraway seed
Top Review by razzintaz
First, I am glad I doubled the broth. The spaeztle was difficult to make, but the kids love it. I pur?ed the cauliflower with some of the broth, while doing that I made the roux and added 3 cloves of garlic. I also quadrupled the paprika, I used Hungarian. I added some broth to the roux and let it thicken, the added the roux to the broth and stirred it in. The I added the pur?ed cauliflower and brought that to a boil, then I turned down the heat and added the sour cream..actually I didn't have any so I used plain yogurt, couldn't tell the difference. We garnished with a little chives... 4 stars because the pasta dough was super sticky, I ended up using 2 cups of flour. I did not double the pasta recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (may need more )
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup flour, may need more
Directions See How It's Made
- Break cauliflower into sections removing tough fibers.
- Add enough water to cover. Cook until tender. (I used frozen.).( mash up when cooked ).
- I added chicken boullion cube and 1 teaspoon dried parsley; if using the fresh parsley, put it in with the dumplings.
- ( i would add the dumplings here before the roux ).
- Make roux with butter, flour, paprika, and salt.(add when noodles are floating ).
- Add to soup gradually, stirring frequently.
- Add sour cream right before you add dumplings.( or just sour cream ).
- Make dumplings: Blend eggs, sour cream, and flour together; do not beat. Drop by 1/2 teaspoons into soup for last 10 minutes cooking. Cover. Cook on very low heat.