Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a healthy, simple, low fat recipe for the whole family.
- 2 pita breads
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- 1 (6 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) jar black olives
- Heat pita breads in the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Spread hummus on warmed pita breads.
- Cut the tomato and add slices on top of the hummus.
- Place spinach on top of tomatos.
- Add olives to taste.
I made this for lunch today and wondered why I never thought of it. I just recently discovered that I like hummus and only used it for dipping vegetables or crackers or pita chips. I really like the hummus heated up on the warm pita. This was a really quick and delicious and satisfying lunch. It is also a great recipe that you can tweak in many different ways so it's never the same thing. Next time I will try it loaded up with many other vegetables -green peppers, red onions, etc. I could also see adding some sliced turkey too. I am also going to experiment with different flavors of roasted red pepper or garlic hummus. Thanks for a great idea!
It's 12 noon so the hunger pains should begin in 3, 2, 1...