Top Review by PaulaG
This is a little different what I'm I use. I enjoyed this for lunch served with lentil chips and carrot sticks. The applesauce gave a little sweetness to the hummus. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 118.29 ml chickpeas (cooked)
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 28.39 ml olive oil
- 28.39 ml water (more or less)
- 22.18 ml tahini (sesame paste)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml onion powder
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml chili powder
- 0.59 ml ground cumin
- 0.25 ml ground coriander
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (can use other colours, too)
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- First make your hummus: Combine chickpeas, applesauce, oil, water, tahini and spices in a tall bowl. Using a hand-held blender whizz into a smooth paste. It may be runnier than normal hummus, but that will change during baking, so just leave it like that (You can also use your food processor for this).
- Pour the hummus into a small oven proof dish. Sprinkle with the chopped bell pepper and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy! :).