Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this recipe on Food Network/Melissa d'Arabian. It looks easy and a great breakfast/brunch idea.
- 8 flour tortillas (5-inch)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup salsa (prepared chunky cilantro salsa or your choice)
- 3⁄4 cup black beans (cooked)
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut off the outer edge of each tortilla and remove so that the tortillas fit snugly into the muffin tin cup. Brush both sides of the tortillas lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with salt. Press the tortillas into the muffin tin, creating little tortilla cups.
- In a small bowl, mix half the salsa with the black beans with salt and pepper. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the black bean mixture into each tortilla cup. Crack an egg into each of the eight cups. Bake until barely set, about 8 minutes. Top with cheese, cover with aluminum foil, and then bake for 6-7 minutes more. To serve, spoon the sour cream and remaining salsa on top of the eggs.
These were delicious, even though I made a lot of changes. Admittedly, I get irritated when I read reviews and the reviewer has changed everything about the recipe. However, I am trying to reduce my calorie and fat intake so I made some adjustments, so please forgive me :) I used high fiber tortillas, and sprayed muffin tins with olive oil instead of buttering. This made them a little difficult to remove, so next time I'd probably use a bit of butter. I used 2% shredded cheese, and Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. Delicious, very filling and oh so attractive when they come out of the oven! These are sure to impress your brunch guests! If I made them without my adjustments, I'm sure they would be five stars plus!
this is very good .i cut tortillas in half and sprayed with pam before stuffing into the muffin tins really good , didnt put cheese on so could see for picture
Made with whole wheat flaxseed tortillas and sprayed them with cooking spray instead of butter. Made 3(one with the scraps from the other 2 tortillas). This made a great dinner. Thanks!