Recipe by Casie
This is very quick and very easy. I eat this for breakfast at least once a week it is so tasty. the canned tomatoes with green chilies gives it a little kick. ENJOY!
Top Review by j_vanderpoel
This is fantastic. I added black beans and white corn, dropped the zucchini. I also put it over a bed of hash browns, instead of tortillas. I make the tomato/chilis/black beans/corn ahead of time and freeze it, then pull it out when we go camping. It's a great "stick to your ribs" breakfast!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) canundrained diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 4 -8 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet (lid needed) on medium heat.
- Add zucchini and bell pepper and sauté 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add in canned tomatoes, salt, and cumin.
- Stir and heat through.
- Meanwhile, heat up tortillas in microwave according to package directions.
- Break egg into small cup or bowl.
- Slide egg on top of tomato mixture.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Cover and cook until eggs are done, or break yolks when half cooked, cover until done.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs, cover until melted.
- Serve one egg and 1/2 cup tomato mixture on top of one or two tortillas.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoons cilantro on each serving.