Recipe by ladypit
My husband has started creating his own wonderful low-fat recipes and this one is delish! Fabulous for breakfast. He actually uses just shy of 1/4 cup of applesauce, but I couldn't figure out how to note that!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the milk, the egg, the applesauce, the oil, and the vanilla.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet to the dry, mixing just until combined.
- Add the dried berries and just mix until combined.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until brown.