Recipe by sugarpea
If you can find pieces of this beautiful blue-skinned squash at your market, this is a fragrant and brilliantly orange-colored way to use it. From Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author.
Top Review by erinBOberrin
This was very good and very easy! I added a few shakes of nutmeg. I also thought about adding just a touch of cream to see what that did, but didn't. Maybe next time! (Also I used butternut squash, very creamy and good)
- 2 lbs hubbard squash, any seeds and membrane removed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°; place unpeeled squash flesh side down in baking pan; pour water over squash; bake 30 minutes, turn over and bake another 30 minutes or until squash is tender and lightly carmelized.
- Scrape flesh off skin and puree in a food processor until smooth; add orange zest, orange juice, butter, salt and pepper; process to combine and serve warm.