Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I use this to make my cast iron pans perfect and so that food won't stick to them. Modified from http://www.yasalamcooking.com
- cooking oil (canola or vegetable works well)
- 1 paper, towel
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Make sure the pan is clean & dry.
- Use a paper towel to coat the pan very lightly with cooking oil.
- Place into preheated oven upside down for 2 hours.
- Remove with an oven mit obviously!
- Let cool.
I had a small pan that needed to be re-seasoned. This method worked really well. I think that baking it upside down prevents excess oil from pooling in the pan. I had the pan placed over a baking sheet to prevent oil from dripping in the oven.
Thanks for posting. I bought a couple of cast iron frying pans recently and forgot how to season them for the first time. I was glad to find this on the site. Worked perfectly.
ive just started useing cast iron thanks for the tip