I made this Gluten Free Roasted Chicken Stock a few days ago in order to help my husband and myself recuperate from the sniffles we each seem to have picked up last week. We're recovering quite quickly. http://www.elanaspantry.com/how-to-roasted-chicken-stock/
- 1 chicken carcass (I made Chipotle Orange Chicken, used the carcass after we dined on the meat)
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 onion, halved
- 4 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 10 garlic cloves, no need to peel
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 celery tops (the leaves and ribs from the inside of a bunch of celery)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1. Place the chicken carcass in a large stockpot with the water.
- 2. Bring pot to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- 3. Meanwhile, place onion, carrot and garlic cloves on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 4. Roast at 400° for one hour.
- 5. Add roasted vegetables to stock, then add parsley, thyme, celery and bay leaves.
- 6. Simmer stock one more hour then cool and strain into glass mason jars.
- 7. Drink alone or use for soups and sauces.