Recipe by Chocolatl
This is adapted from the St.Olaf Lutheran Church Cookbook, date unknown, which says it was taken from "Furrow." You'll be happiest if you DON'T make this recipe exactly as written.
Top Review by Big_Tony_My_Chef_By_Trade_Friend
I love it....
But... Don't put the nappy (sorry... I'm from Australia) in the flour
and then the oven.... big mistake to make.. and a bigger one if your
having company over for dinner... only cooked rabbit once my self...
loved the sauce.. bounced the rabbit of the wall as it was so tough.
- 1 rabbit
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- American cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cookie crumbs
- chopped nuts
- meat, sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by catching the rabbit. (You knew that was coming, didn't you?).
- Dress if not already dressed (the rabbit).
- If you're not dressed either, do so.
- Dig little Petunia out of the flour bin.
- Heat oven and warm up the roasting pan.
- Cut up the rabbit.
- Go change the baby's diaper.
- Answer the phone.
- Sift the flour and roll the rabbit pieces in it.
- Wash flour out of Petunia's hair.
- Grease the roasting pan and pick all the toys up off the kitchen floor.
- Go look for Tommy. He was on the front porch the last time you saw him.
- Call Joe Henderson about those seeds.
- Return to kitchen.
- Mop flour off floor where Petunia put rabbit.
- Clean off rabbit.
- Mop flour off Petunia.
- Turn off the oven--it's too hot now.
- The butter has congealed. Melt it again.
- Let Tommy in the back door with the fresh eggs.
- Use the broken one in the recipe.
- Answer phone.
- Change baby's diaper.
- Take Tommy's broken egg and beat it.
- Beat it back to the kitchen.
- Beat the other egg.
- Sit down and collect your wits--no, collect the children.
- Beat the two eggs together.
- Take the kids and beat it!
- Take the rabbit and beat it to the creek.
- Cut up rabbit for bait and go fishing.
- Fish may be fried the same way.