Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
These gourmet treats have a hefty price tag in stores.. it's really not so hard to just make them yourselves
- 2 lbs ripe roma tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- Scoop out the tomato seeds with your fingers, and discard, leaving the fibrous tissue intact.
- Place the halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, marjoram, and basil.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven at 210 degrees F. (100 degrees C.) for 12 hours. If the tomatoes are drying out too quickly, leave the oven door slightly ajar.
- When the tomatoes are dry and have cooled, pack them into a sterlized jar. Add a bay leaf, a few peppercorns, and some garlic slivers, cover with olive oil, and seal. Store in refrigerator up to three months.