4 hrs 10 mins
A beautifully grilled turkey! Very moist with delicious flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 115 lb Turkey.
- 2Rinse Turkey.
- 3Pat Dry with Paper Towels.
- 4Put into a Large Aluminium Pan.
- 5Separate skin from the breast of the turkey slide in about 5 slices of butter in different locations.
- 6After Cleaning out the inside of the Turkey, put in about 4 Whole Peeled and Sliced Carrots, 3 peeled and Sliced Onions, 1 quartered Apple and about 2 Table Spoons minced Garlic.
- 7Combine 3 Cups Cranberry Juice and 3 cups Apple Juice, 1/2 Brown Sugar 1/2 cup Soy Sauce and a 1/2 cup of White Vinegar with 1 Table Spoon Minced Garlic. Stir well.
- 8Season the outside skin with a good covering of Season All, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
- 9Fill the cavity of the Turkey with as much of this marinade as possible. It will drain out after you lay the turkey down. You will want atleast 2 inches of marinade around the turkey.
- 10As the turkey cooks, you will need to add more of this to the pan, or you can use substitute it with a small amount of water.
- 11Cover the turkey Completely with foil.
- 12Put the turkey as low on the grill as possible the lid of t grill MUST close completely.
- 13Start the turkey on a temperature around 500 degrees. Lower the heat to medium or medium high after 30 minutes.
- 14You will want to keep the turkey on a temperature that the marinade stays at a Slow Boil.
- 15Baste the turkey regularly, keep the skin moist.
- 16I cook my turkey about 15 to 20 mins per pound.
- 171 hour before the turkey is done you should loosen the foil around the bird so that the skin browns. Do not remove it completely as the foil keeps the steam inside.
- 18Remove the turkey only after the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- 19Remove the carrots, onions, apples and garlic from inside the turkey.
- 20Let the turkey cool for 15 mins before carving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Grill a Whole Perfect Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.6
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 225.7 mg
- Sodium 766.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 69.2 g