Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A beautifully grilled turkey! Very moist with delicious flavor!
Make and share this How to Grill a Whole Perfect Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- 15 lb Turkey.
- Rinse Turkey.
- Pat Dry with Paper Towels.
- Put into a Large Aluminium Pan.
- Separate skin from the breast of the turkey slide in about 5 slices of butter in different locations.
- After Cleaning out the inside of the Turkey, put in about 4 Whole Peeled and Sliced Carrots, 3 peeled and Sliced Onions, 1 quartered Apple and about 2 Table Spoons minced Garlic.
- Combine 3 Cups Cranberry Juice and 3 cups Apple Juice, 1/2 Brown Sugar 1/2 cup Soy Sauce and a 1/2 cup of White Vinegar with 1 Table Spoon Minced Garlic. Stir well.
- Season the outside skin with a good covering of Season All, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
- Fill the cavity of the Turkey with as much of this marinade as possible. It will drain out after you lay the turkey down. You will want atleast 2 inches of marinade around the turkey.
- As the turkey cooks, you will need to add more of this to the pan, or you can use substitute it with a small amount of water.
- Cover the turkey Completely with foil.
- Put the turkey as low on the grill as possible the lid of t grill MUST close completely.
- Start the turkey on a temperature around 500 degrees. Lower the heat to medium or medium high after 30 minutes.
- You will want to keep the turkey on a temperature that the marinade stays at a Slow Boil.
- Baste the turkey regularly, keep the skin moist.
- I cook my turkey about 15 to 20 mins per pound.
- 1 hour before the turkey is done you should loosen the foil around the bird so that the skin browns. Do not remove it completely as the foil keeps the steam inside.
- Remove the turkey only after the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the carrots, onions, apples and garlic from inside the turkey.
- Let the turkey cool for 15 mins before carving.