1/3 Photos of How to Bake the Perfect Potato
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Ahhhh...Golden, crispy brown skins and soft, flaky, tasty potato-goodness inside. You can take this recipe and top it with your favorite choices of sour cream, butter, herbs, salt and pepper.... Or make twice baked potatoes or potatoes skins.. When baking a large amount of potatoes at one time, choose potatoes with uniform shapes and sizes; they'll cook more evenly and get done at the same time. Or remove as they are cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Wash and dry off as many potatoes as you plan to serve, and count on each person eating 1-2 halves.
- 3Pierce potatoes using a fork work your way around each potato stabbing deeply into it's flesh. 3-4 stabs should do it depending on the size of the potatoes you are using. This allows steam to escape during the cooking process.
- 4Rub potatoes with oil to lightly coat.
- 5Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 6Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on size on the middle rack in oven.
- 7The skin will be puffed up, golden-brown and crispy, and the potato should squish easily and be very soft on the inside.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Bake the Perfect Potato
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g