Recipe by Lennie
Please note that I haven't made this, and I only tasted it (I really dislike lima beans, you see, and peas aren't a favourite either). But I asked for the recipe at the potluck I was at, since everyone else seemed to be really going for this. I admit, the taste I had was good--but of course I had no lima beans in my wee helping! I've been meaning to post it for a bit, and just realized it's perfect for St Paddy's Day, so I'd better get it into the database now. I made the name up, by the way; I was told it was called "Green Vegetable Casserole". Boring.
Top Review by ThisGirlCan
How yummy is this casserole! I was skeptical about making it, but I needed something different and this turned out so good! I didn't add the green pepper, but otherwise followed the directions exactly and this was very yummy. Thanks!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (NOT low-fat, I was told)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- paprika, sprinkled just for colour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F; have ready an 8-inch casserole dish sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook each frozen vegetable separately, according to the pkg directions; my potluck host (who had made this) told me she does this in the microwave, and that she slightly undercooks the veggies.
- Drain vegetables well and set aside; thinly slice the green pepper and set that aside as well.
- Blend together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and milk to make a thin sauce.
- Place the lima beans into the casserole dish, then 1/3 of the green pepper slices, then the green beans, then 1/3 of the green pepper slices, then the peas, then top with the remaining green pepper slices.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies, then cover top of casserole with the parmesan, then dust lightly with paprika for colour.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.