Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you start with a wooden bowl (that you only use for salads) that is well seasoned through time, it will only enhance
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons fig vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups mixed greens, such as arugula and Romaine
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Mash garlic cloves with salt in a large wooden salad bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add mustard, honey, pepper, balsamic vinegar and oil. Stir well, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or all day.
- Add greens, pumpkin seeds, orange sections and red onion. Toss well. Serve.