Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on a restaurant site, this looks really good!
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 3 ounces fresh ginger, smashed
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 vanilla bean
- soda water
- granulated sugar, for glasses
- Combine water and sugar in a medium size saucepan; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemongrass, ginger, lemon juice and vanilla bean. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let steep overnight.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- To serve, fill chilled bar shaker(or just use a jar with a lid) halfway with ginger syrup. Top with equal amount of soda water. Strain into sugar-rimmed glasses and serve.
OMG Sharon, it doesn't get any better than this. Looking at the ingredients this was tailor made for me, I knew that I would enjoy it. I just wasn't prepared for how much I would love this drink. You could taste all the ingredients seperately and together they created a real masterpeice. I love, ginger, lemon grass and vanilla, the layers of flavor is outstanding. I garnished simply with a ginger baby. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will be enjoying for years to come.