Recipe by HappyBunny
WARNING: Keep a tissue box close by. This recipe is HOT enough to make your nose run...but be ready to be asked for the recipe.
Top Review by Leeloo78
Yummmmmmmmmm!!! I used three different chilies for the dipping sauce - a jalapeno, a serrano and a habanero. I loved this recipe and can't wait to try it again. I'll certainly be using the dipping sauce with other meat in the future. Thank you!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 flank steak, about 1 ½ lb
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Thai red chili peppers, seeded and chopped or 3 small dried red chilies
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (available at Asian Market)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Combine soy sauce, and brown sugar in shallow dish, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add flank steak, turning to coat both sides.
- Set aside.
- DIPPING SAUCE: Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Transfer to small bowl.
- Grill flank steak over medium-hot coals 12 minutes per sides for well done.
- (6 minutes per sides for medium-rare).
- Transfer to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin slices.
- Drizzle with dipping sauce.