BULGOGI (marinated grilled beef)
I got this recipe form an old Korean woman that liked our family. Out of all her recipies this was my family's favorite.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 2mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef (thinly sliced, less than 1/8-inch)
- 1 medium onion
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 kiwi fruit, minced (optional)
- Slice onion.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put beef, onion and mix well.
- Let stand 1-2 hours in refrigerator to marinate.
- Adjust sweetness and saltiness with more or less sugar and soy sauce.
- The best taste is achieved when it is grilled on a charcoal.
- You can also cook it on frying pan or broiler.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We discovered Korean food on a holiday a few years again and love it. Hubby and Little Miss (DD) really enjoyed this recipe. I don't eat red meat, so I can't comment on the flavour but the marinate smelt yummy and the aromas was wafting around the house while it was cooking. It was very easy to prepare, I had to leave out the kiwi food because I didn't have any at home, but I would have tried it if I had it at home. The only thing I wasn't sure about was did I discharge the onions or did I need to cook them with the beef. I cooked them with the beef and hubby enjoyed them as well. Served it with Recipe #176875 - Thank you Kevin Callison.