Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Dip these nippy little fellows into Blue Cheese dip for a special treat. From Companys Coming Comfort cooking. They call for White vineger,less garlic and/or non fat sour cream.
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb whole chicken wings or 1 lb whole chicken drummettes
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1⁄2 cup light salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small cup.
- Discard tip and cut wings apart at joints.
- Brush sauce over both sides of chicken pieces.
- Place pieces in 3 1/2 Quart slow cooker.
- Cover, Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours until tender.
- Serve from slow cooker.
- Makes about 28 pieces of wing or 18 drumettes.
- Blue Cheese Dip: Combine all seven ingredients in a bowl; Beat until smooth.
- Makes 1 1/8 cups.
- Serve with wings.
Awesome wings. We loved the dip. Got a family Thats hard to please and these are now one of their favorites. Thanks dave for the wonderful recipe. Will definitely try more of your recipes.