Recipe by cajun chef in Louisiana
I thought I should try this before I post it, but what the heck, sounds really good!
Top Review by sassafrasnanc
Oh my gosh! These were sooo good! My son and I almost ate the WHOLE pan in one meal! As he said, "These are the best grits I've ever had! I just can't stop eating them!" I agree! They were just wonderful.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped into pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I think grits need much more salt than this!)
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chopped bacon in large heavy saucepan until crisp. Gradually add chicken broth and salt, bring to a boil. Stir in grits, tomatoes and chilies and return to a boil stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer 15 - 20 minutes. Stir in cheese, cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.