Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a quick and easy meal. It’s great on chilly nights and the kids love it too. I like to serve it with a nice salad and some garlic bread.
- 4 cups tomato juice, divided
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup of tomato juice, cornmeal, 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, garlic, and cayenne. Add the beef and sausage and mix well.
- Shape into 1 ¼-inch balls.
- In Dutch oven, combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; add the meatballs, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.