Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
from the Living on a Dime website. You can make it a day or two ahead of time and then stick it in to bake right before the party. It will make your house smell delicious. You can also substitute fruit types. If one type is unavailable, undesired, or unaffordable, just add an extra can of another fruit.
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can peaches, halves
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) apricot halves
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can bing cherries
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Drain fruit well and place in a greased 9x13 pan or casserole dish.
- Mix brown sugar, spices and butter. Pour over fruit.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving day. Bake uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes.