Hot Pretzels for a cold night. Octoberfest!! Grab a beer and enjoy with the topping like mustard or honey! I used to let them harden and give to my children as a teething ring (without the cheese).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, 110 degrees
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 cups warm water, 110 degrees
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons softened cream cheese, put into a pastry bag for filling
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons almonds, roasted & chopped
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast, sugar and 1-1/2 cups warm water.
- 2Place flour and salt in food processor with metal blade and blend by pressing the pulse a couple of times, pour water mixture through feed tube while machine is running until smooth and elastic, about 40 seconds.
- 3The dough will leave the side of the bowl.
- 4If dough is too wet add more flour or if too dry add more water.
- 5Place in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface.
- 6Cover, and let rise for one hour.
- 7Combine 2 cups warm water and baking soda in an 8 inch square pan.
- 8After dough has risen, cut into 12 pieces.
- 9Roll each piece into a 3 foot rope, pencil thin.
- 10(if filling with cream cheese roll one 3 foot piece flat. Pipe on cheese leaving edges free (to seal back into a rope) Twist into a pretzel shape, and dip into the baking soda solution.
- 11Place on parchment covered cookie sheets, and let rise 15 to 20 minutes.
- 12Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 13Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt, or cinnamon sugar and chopped roasted almonds.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Soft Pretzels Filled With Cream Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 2010.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g