Recipe by Fairy Godmother
This is an amazing salad, definately one to do for a special lunch in the garden or for ladies bridge club. I got this recipe when staying at a B&B in GreatFalls Montana.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
First of all, I HAD to try this because you got the recipe in Great Falls (where I was born) & I guess I needed to prove that some really great things come from GF. :) My family really, really loved this recipe. We've got over 100 degree weather & I'd been baking cookies & brownies all day, so a cold salad was just perfect for dinner. The breading was simple, yet it was so flavorful. I too used the deep fryer; 3 batches at 3 minutes each & we were eating dinner. I had a collection of veggies I wanted to use up, so for the salad we had iceberg lettuce, matchstick carrots, purple cabbage, chives & green onions. The chicken was cut into strips & then marinated for about 9 hours total. Very easy recipe & it was so delicious! We'll be making this one again. Thanks for sharing, Fairy Godmother! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (fresh pressed)
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil (original said 3/4c)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (original said 3/4c)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade in a glass pan add chicken. Set in fridge overnight.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in blender and blend till smooth.
- Cut chicken in strips and roll in breading.
- Deep fry in canola oil till no longer pink.
- I do this in a deep frypan, drain and keep warm.
- Serve over a salad made of romaine, drizzle on dressing to taste.