Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect for a party I'm planning later this summer since these appetizers can be frozen uncooked, then just thaw and bake as you need them. Found this recipe on the Clabber Girl website and storing here for safe keeping. Please let me know if you try it!
- 2 lbs spicy sausage, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups clabber girl baking mix
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (OR you can use 4 cups shredded cheeses flavored with jalapeno pepper in place of the cheddar and jal)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients with hands until mixed thoroughly.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREEZING: If you want to freeze these for later use, do so at this point. Place on cookie sheet, cover, and allow to freeze. Then transfer balls to labeled freezer bags.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKING: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
My entire office says "Thanks AnnieLynne"! I made these and brought to our weekly sales meeting and they were devoured. I used jalapeno sausage we make ourselves so I skipped the jalapenos. Also, I couldn't find Clabber Girl baking mix so I made Bisquick copycat from this site and that was perfect. Made and reviewed for 2009 Fall PAC.