Recipe by -Sylvie-
This is a fairly low cal desert, as it doesn't use any oil and hardly any sugar. You can also make it using other fruits, such as apples or fresh or canned black cherries. Serve it directly from the oven to enjoy it at its best.
- 1 lb ripe red plum, quartered and stoned
- 7 fluid ounces skim milk
- 4 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 ounces self-raising flour
- 2 egg whites
- icing sugar, for sprinkling on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a large shallow ovenproof dish and add the plums.
- Mix the milk, milk powder, sugar, vanilla, flour and egg whites into a smooth batter.
- Pour all the batter into the ovenproof dish; it should just about cover the majority of plums.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 220 C/425 F/Gas 7, until it is well risen and has turned golden.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve straight away.