1/1 Photo of Hot Pepper Jam for Bread Machine
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The bell peppers, can be any color you want, the chunks will still be there so you can choose your own color palette. Also, think a person could freeze it. Really good with Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Chicken. Because I value Chef#383346s opinion, I have reduced the sugar from 1 cup to 1/3 cup. I also have wondered about garlic? Try this with my Chicken Breasts Glazed With Hot Pepper Jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash all peppers, cut off stems.
- 2Remove membrane and seeds from bell peppers, dice small about 1/8 inch pieces, the chunks will stay that size even after running through the Jam cycle, cut enough to fill 2 1/4 cups worth.
- 3Protect your hands with rubber gloves while working with the jalapeno peppers, if you want the jam to be spicy hot leave the seeds in the jalapeno peppers. (The first time I made this, I left seeds in one but thought it too hot.) Second time I made, I deseeded all halves and it came out too mild -- so next time I plan on cutting both jalapeno peppers in half, leaving seeds in 1/4 and deseeding the remaining 3/4. Cut into small pieces, about 1/8 inch.
- 4Attach kneading blade in the bread pan.
- 5Place ingredients into the bread pan as listed above.
- 6Carefully insert bread pan inot breadmaker, close lid, press the Menu button until the ï¿½Jamï¿½ program is selected, and start.
- 7When the Jam cycle is complete, open the lid and using oven mitts, remove the pan.
- 8Let jam cool.
- 9Using oven mitts to hold pan, use rubber spatula to pour the jam into a glass or plastic container.
- 10Cover and refrigerate to set, about 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Pepper Jam for Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: