Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Southern Living.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen baby sweet peas (do not thaw)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium ehat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on a paper-towel lined plate, reservin 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Stir onion into hot drippings; lower heat to med-low; cook 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add in peas, water, and creole seasoning; cook 10 minutes or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bacon and pecans.
I like peas, but I never thought they could taste even better!! I really like this recipe.
Thanks for an awesome way to dress up sweet peas for a Christmas dinner. Followed steps in recipe. two notes though. Since the packets of frozen peas are are not thawed, then plan on longer than10 minutes for frozen peas are tnder while cooking peas in skillet at medium. To toast choppen pecans, placed on cooking sheet at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes.