Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love carrot soup. This one can be hot or cold. If you want it hot, you can butter up your croutons for an even heartier taste. If you want it cold, you can use whipped cream to bring out the flavor of honey and fresh ginger. This is from Rachael Ray.
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 (1 lb) bag baby carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Using a food processor, pulse the onion 4 times to chop. Transfer to a medium pot, add the olive oil and ginger and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onion is golden, about 3 minutes. Pulse the carrots in the food processor to chop finely. Add to the pot along with the chicken broth, cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Wipe out the food processor.
- Puree the soup in batches in the food processor and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the honey and season with salt.
I totally messed this up : ) but it still turned out AWESOME. I forgot i buy baby carrots in a 1 KG bag which is just over 2 pounds. I didn't increase anything else since I was halfway through the puree stage when I realized the mistake and was wondering why it was os thick :rofl: I added about 3/4 cup of light cream making this so very creamy and tasty. So with goofing up and adding an ingredient I should probably not give stars but it was so good ( even if it was more like a mashed carrot BEFORE I added the cream it deserve them) Made for Newest Zaar tag Definite keeper