Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Had not done grocery shoppng and our cupboard was as bare as "Old Mother Hubbards".So this meal was made with left oversand became such a hit that we have to eat it once a week.Its real easy especially when you come home from a tiring day at work.Can substitute the veggies for the ones you like.
- 3 hot Italian sausages
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 0.5 (600 g) can tomatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 (28 g) packagedry pasta salad dressing mix
- 1 (340 g) packet rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- Boil pasta as directed on package and drain.
- Cut sausages in 1/2 inch pieces and fry until well browned.
- Add onions and fry until transparent.
- Add tomatoes from can with the juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and pasta dressing and cook until tender stirring occasionally(if you find it drying add 1/2 cup water).
- Put in red wine vinegar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and mix well.
- Serve with Italian bread and a good beer.
Not bad. Like you, we hadn't gone shopping. I made a skeleton recipe using what we had in the house. I'd already thawed 6 sausages, so I used all 6. Even using that much, there really wasn't all that much sausage in there (you may want to work on that.) I used a whole can of tomatoes in place of the half can and 2 regular tomatoes. I used italian dressing mix, a yellow squash, white wine vinegar, and spaghetti. It turnd out pretty well!