Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really good Italian Sausage.
- 5 lbs pork
- 1 cup cold red wine
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or-4 to 5 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- Cube Pork make sure you have a ratio of about 3 to one meat to fat . I use pork butt and works fine.
- Run through meat grinder using a medium coarse blade. Once.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and run through again.
- Stuff in to pork casings and freeze. Cook as a raw sausage.
- Or wrap in plastic wrap in medium sized links (about 1 inch diameter and about 6 inches long) wrap tightly and tie off ends and poach in almost boiling water at first, then increase to slow boil for ten minutes. Remove and unwrap. Put in freezer bags squeezing out air. Freeze. To cook:thaw, reheat in skillet with a little butter until browned.
Great flavor in this sausage. I made one pound and used it in Tuscan Soup.