Grilled Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich
My kids have always wanted these at a cookout. They are the regular-size hot Italian sausage, split before cooking, with peppers and onions on top in a homemade burger roll. Easy and so delicious. You put two sausages on a roll and then the topping.
- Ready In:
- 8 hot Italian sausages (about 3-inch-4-inch long)
- 3 green peppers (large dice)
- 3 sweet onions (large dice)
- pickled hot peppers (optional)
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and put in the pepper and onions; cook slowly till just about done or whatever doneness you perfer them; put aside.
- Split the sausage down the center lengthwise and put on a platter.
- Microwave them till about three-quarters done.
- Then put them on the grill, open side down and grill; turn them over and finish grilling till done.
- Put sausage in a homemade bun and top with the onions and peppers.
- If you like pickled hot pepper, put these on, too; the kind that come whole in a jar.