Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
For those cold winter nights.... (source - supermarket flyer)
- 4 cups ginger ale
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons mulling spices (or mixture of 1 broken cinnamon stick and 1 tbsp whole cloves)
- 2 pieces fresh ginger (2 1-inch sliced pieces)
- In medium saucepan combine ginger ale, apple cider, lemon juice, mulling spices, and fresh ginger.
- Cover and cook oer medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or unti heated through (do not boil).
- Strain and discard the spices.
Mmmmmm, what at treat this is turning out to be on the first really chilly evening of the fall. I, too, made it with diet ginger ale (Waist Watcher brand). The ginger ale gives up some of its fizzle with heating but still imparts some zizz to the drink. The amount of spiciness from the mulling spices is perfect. A triumph for jovigirl!
Even though it's not a cold winter night, we really enjoyed this. It made the kitchen smell really good too! I used local fresh pressed apple cider with diet Canada Dry ginger ale and scaled the recipe to make a smaller amount - worked very well on all counts. Thanks for posting this, jovigirl.